This year (2019), the 20th Anniversary of Yamoussoukro Decision (YD Day celebration) coincides with the 50th Anniversary of the establishment of AFCAC.
The proposed theme of the YD Day 2019 is: “AFCAC: 50 years dedicated to the development of an integrated, safe and sustainable air transport system in Africa”
AFCAC has the honour to request the participation of all its member States as it commemorates the above two landmark events here in Dakar, Senegal concurrently, at the prestigious CICAD (International Conference Center Abdou Diouf) on 13 and 14 November, 2019.
The Government of Senegal, host State of the AFCAC Secretariat, through the high authority of the Minister of Tourism and Air Transport is supporting AFCAC for the organization of the celebrations.
The Concept Note, which indicates inter alia, the expected outcomes, targeted audience, etc. of the events is enclosed.
Logistics and practical information pertaining to the events (Programme, Information Bulletin, Registration, Hotels, etc.) will be provided in due course at www.afcacevents.com.
It is expected that the Events will result inter-alia in:
- Improving AFCAC’s visibility as a Specialized Agency of the AU on all civil aviation matters in Africa;
- Promotion of AFCAC as the Executing Agency of the YD and the coordinating body for the establishment of the SAATM;
- New impetus for the implementation by all AU member states of the Yamoussoukro Decision and establishment of a Single African Air Transport Market;
- More States joining the SAATM through signing of the Solemn commitment;
- Common understanding among stakeholders on the work plan of the operationalization of the Executing Agency and establishment of the SAATM;